5 Special Things About Christmas9:32:00 PM
Can Christmas just last a little longer? It seems like it comes and goes so quickly! I have a list of all the things I want to do before the big day, and man do I need more time. But even with all the little activities I have planned, I still make time for my favorite things about Christmas. You know, stuff that doesn't involve getting out of your pajamas.
- Having the Christmas tree be the only light in the room. I don't think looking at a beautifully decorated tree could ever get old.
- Hot chocolate in hand, snuggling under a blanket and watching Christmas movies with my main man. A Christmas Story and Miracle on 34th St. (the original) are my two favorites.
- Candle light church service. It's so beautiful, peaceful and wonderful to see everyone celebrate the birth of Jesus.
- Watching Carson walk out of his room on Christmas morning. I just love to see his face light up and see all his presents. I'm especially excited for this year, because he really gets it and has been counting down. Although a few times he has come out of his room and head straight to his stocking to see if any treats had appeared.
- Going through old photos. There is something about this time of year that draws my family to go down memory lane and laugh at how ridiculous we looked and reminiscing about our childhood.
What are your favorite things about Christmas?