Chicken Fried College Football2:38:00 PM
This post is sponsored by Lone Star Eggs. All opinions are my own.
Football and chicken fried steak - it doesn't get more Texan than that! We spent our Saturday at TCU cheering the frogs on as they defeated Texas and then in the evening I made chicken fried steak for the family and watched more football. I just love Saturdays in the Fall.
2 Lone Star Eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
- Pour oil in the pan so that it covers the bottom and place on medium heat.
- Pour flour on a plate and set aside.
- In a shallow dish whisk the eggs and milk together
- Take on of the round steak and place in the flour, then into egg wash and make sure to coat both sides. Then back into the flour so that it is nicely coated.
- Place in the hot oil and fry until you see the edges of the steak turn golden brown. Then flip and fry for approximately 3 more minutes.
- Repeat process with remainder of steaks.
- Serve with gravy (I use Pioneer Brand) and mash potatoes.
Check your local paper on October 18 for a $.75 coupon off a carton of Lone Star Eggs. It will be in the DFW, Houston and San Antonio area papers.