Caramelized Onion BBQ Grilled Cheese5:00:00 AM
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #MadeWithTheMasters #HeinzBBQ
We had beautiful weather over the weekend and decided to fire up the grill and have lunch out on the patio. I made these caramelized onion BBQ grilled cheese and they were delicious!
8 Thick bread slices
8 slices Cheddar Cheese
1 onion, sliced
1 cup Heinz Texas Bold and Spicy BBQ Sauce
1/2 cup butter
- Heat up BBQ grill.
- Place a sheet of tin foil on the grill, place sliced onions on it and 1/2 cup butter.
- Once butter begins to melt to, stir it in with the onions. Let cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup of Heinz Texas Bold and Spicy BBQ Sauce on onions and stir. Close BBQ lid and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Place bread slices on grill.
- Add cheese so that each sandwich has 2 slices. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- Add onion mixture to 4 slices of bread and then place other slice on top.
- Serve warm!
Heinz Texas Bold and Spicy BBQ Sauce because, well I LOVE all things Texas! Texas knows a thing or two about BBQ and you can’t go wrong with a sauce that Robert Sierra, pitmaster of the Texas state grand champion S&S pit crew competition barbecue team from San Marcos, Texas help create.The sauces are also 100% natural and has a bold flavor with a little bit of kick.
What is your favorite food to make on the grill? You can find more Heinz BBQ Sauce recipes here.